|Space Quest 3|
DOS, Macintosh, Amiga, Atari ST
3.5" Floppy Disk or 5.25" Floppy Disk
8088/8086 CPU; 512KB RAM; Video: CGA, EGA, Hercules, MCGA, Tandy/PCjr, or VGA; Sound cards: Adlib, Game Blaster (CMS), IBM Music Feature Card, PC Speaker, PS/1 Audio Card, Roland MT-32, Sound Blaster, Tandy DAC (TL/SL), or Tandy/PCjr
Joystick (Analog), Keyboard, or Mouse
Space Quest III: The Pirates of Pestulon (aka Space Quest III: Pirates of Pestulon is the third game in the Space Quest series.
The game was released on March 24th, 1989, and was the first SQ game to be developed using an early version of Sierra's SCI engine. It featured music composed by the Supertramp drummer, Bob Siebenberg, and was one of the first games in the world that came with SoundBlaster support. As well as this impressive sound-support, PC versions of the game now supported mouse movement and a new, heavily improved, text parser. It also featured a mini-side game inside it, called Astro Chicken.
Roger's escape pod from the end of the last adventure is captured by a robot garbage freighter. Once more he must escape his surroundings, and does this by repairing an old ship named the Aluminum Mallard. During the game he discovers the sinister activities of a game company known as ScumSoft, run by the "Pirates of Pestulon", that has abducted the Two Guys from Andromeda and is forcing them to design their games. Roger's goal quickly becomes getting inside their impregnable offices and rescuing the two programmers, including an amusing sequence where Roger must fight Elmo Pug, the nerdy president of ScumSoft, in a game of Nukem Dukem robots.
- Design and Writing: Mark Crowe and Scott Murphy
- Graphics: Mark Crowe
- Programming: Mark Crowe, Ken Koch, Scott Murphy, Doug Oldfield, and Christopher Smith
- Game Development System: Robert Eric Heitman, Pablo Ghenis, Stuart Goldstein, and Jeff Stephenson
- Music: Bob Siebenberg
- Music System: Stuart Goldstein
- Sound Effects: Mark Seibert
- Amiga Version: Dan Foy and Jim Heintz
- Atari ST Version: Corey Cole
- Macintosh Version: John Hartin, John Rettig, and John Crane
- Macintosh Art: Nate Larsen, Steve Coallier, and Jeff Crowe
- Documentation: Bridget McKenna
- Box Design: John T. Shaw
Manuals and Guides
- Space Quest III: The Manual
- Space Quest III Hint Book
- sq3_sndblastfix.zip: Click here to download the fixed SoundBlaster driver for Space Quest III.
- sq3mtblast.zip: Click here to download the MTBLAST patch that allow for both MT-32 music and SoundBlaster sound effects.
- Sierra Help, Space Quest III: The Pirates of Pestulon Help
- The Sierra Chest, Space Quest III: The Pirates of Pestulon
- Moby Games, Space Quest III: The Pirates of Pestulon
- The Cutting Room Floor, Space Quest III: The Pirates of Pestulon
- Midi Music Adventures, Space Quest III Soundtrack
- Quest Studios Archive Supplement, Space Quest IV & III (Selections) Soundtrack
- Space Quest Historian Bandcamp, Space Quest III - Reorchestrated & Remixed
|Space Quest Games (Canon)|